Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reflections of Georgia

This is somewhat of a reflection piece. Don’t worry…Michael and Renee will update the blog soon and fill in all of the gaps from our trip. And trust me, there are good stories to be told!

I just wanted to add some thoughts about what occurred. First of all, I had the opportunity to be with four amazing students for two week. Everyday I learned more about them and was continually amazed at their knowledge, excitement, and truly giving souls. I can honestly say we have all bonded as a team more than any team I have ever been on. I guess traveling across an ocean will do that for you. We all got really good at knowing when to step in and help each other and when to push each other’s buttons (again, funny stories…right Princess Stephen?).

I am so proud to call these students “mine.” When they were teaching and interacting with the students at FFG camp as well as on our school visits, I was like a proud Momma hen…



Each one of these guys brought a different dynamic to our team. The amazing thing (as a leadership professor) is that each dynamic offered made this team stronger. It was truly group member roles at its best.

As our trip progressed, it was fun for me to see the growth in these guys. I am proud to say that there was little complaining when the "facilities" were not what we are used to here in the States (having to chase chickens out of the outhouse) or when the roads were so bumpy that we all turned a bit green (stopping a couple of times for a break). These students were troupers. I can only say that I hope they will keep me around a bit to watch them change the world!



No comments: